I rarely do this. My conversation with Kelly Brogan, M.D. was SO GOOD, I had to dust it off from the archives. Look at the show notes and fast forward to the parts you need. Thanks for listening!
Kelly Brogan, M.D., is a holistic health psychiatrist, author of the New York Times bestselling book, A Mind of Your Own, Own Your Self, the children’s book, A Time for Rain, and co-editor of the landmark textbook, Integrative Therapies for Depression. She completed her psychiatric training and fellowship at NYU Medical Center after graduating from Cornell University Medical College and has a B.S. from M.I.T. in Systems Neuroscience. She is board-certified in psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, and integrative holistic medicine and is specialized in a root-cause resolution approach to psychiatric syndromes and symptoms. She is a certified KRI Kundalini Yoga teacher and a mother of two.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How Kelly started her career
- Depression isn’t caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
- Psychiatric medication — is there another way?
- Evolution of motherhood
- Chronic illness & modern-day diseases
- Symptoms are a gift
- Your body is a compass
- Kelly’s notorious blog: Homebirth: The Opportunity of a Lifetime
- Emotional alchemy during birth
- Own Yourself book by Kelly Brogan
- Step into your own power