Greer Kirshenbaum, PhD, is a neuroscientist, doula and educator who empowers nurtured parenting, disrupts modern parenting practices to begin new cycles of intergenerational wellness. She is on a mission to revolutionize the future of health and it all begins at the beginning of life. Greer spent many years studying the brain in a lab and many years using her knowledge while supporting families as a doula. She wants families and perinatal practitioners to understand how caregivers can boost success, thriving, and flourishing, and diminish depression, anxiety, and addiction in adulthood by shaping babies’ brains through simple intuitive enriching experiences in pregnancy, birth, and infancy.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- The Nurture Revolution book
- Greer’s journey to becoming a neuroscientist, doula and educator
- Let the baby cry vs. nurturing the baby
- Stop trying to be a fixer
- How to support our own nervous system
- Check out Toups & Co., a clean skincare & makeup brand I love (and I’ve tried them all). Use discount code PURE10 to save 10% off!
- HPA Axis
- How to co-regulate our babies
- Sontakey Oath Bracelets
- How to speak kindly to your children
- Making a repair with our kids (even if it’s years later)
Connect with Greer: