This week’s podcast guest is Amanda Gorman, a wife, mother of two, host of the Finding Your Village podcast, and a certified Birthing From Within childbirth educator. (We have a lot in common.) In addition to her family, Amanda is passionate about: writing, speaking, addiction and trauma recovery, music, social justice, and birth work. Her podcast focuses on birth, postpartum, and parent mental health. She teaches online childbirth classes that not only inform parents about the physiological aspects of birth but also train parents to build a toolkit to cope with pain, become confident facing the unknown, and find their parenting village.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The importance of patient advocacy while pregnant
- Non-outcome based childbirth classes
- Creating a Postpartum Plan Cheat Sheet
- Utilizing internal & external resources to create your parenting village
- My unmedicated and epidural birth stories
Connect with Amanda:
Coming up next is Austen Lincoln who shares typical and atypical sensory-motor development, one step at a time. Stay tuned!