Kate Turza is a mom of 3, co-host of the Mom Deconstructed Podcast, and postpartum Doula. She’s passionate about normalizing the emotions that new (and seasoned) moms feel and creating a community in motherhood. It’s so important to share personal stories with other Moms, so you know you’re not alone.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Who’s Kate Turza?
- Mom Deconstructed Podcast
- Hiring a Postpartum Doula (AKA Mothering the Mother)
- Increasing your confidence as a Mom
- How Kate became a Postpartum Doula
- Importance of community
- Mommy and Me Groups
- Breastfeeding Support Groups
- Postpartum Support International
- Pittsburgh Postpartum Center for Women
- Why it’s important to share your story
- Mother’s intuition or trial and error?
If you’re not getting postpartum support you need, do your research. The Pure Nurture Podcast is a great resource to find Mom support systems. It does feel awkward to be vulnerable about your first-time-Mom-experience, at first. There’s this myth that we’re supposed to “just know everything” about being a good Mom, but you’re not really sure about this or that.
Guess what? No one knows what they’re doing. Having a sounding board to get things off your chest is so liberating! Free your mind with Kate in these safe places: