A lot of women hit dead ends with their doctors during pregnancy. They don’t feel heard or taken seriously. They feel like they can’t stand up to do a doctor and say, “That’s not what I want for my birth. What are some other options?”
It’s not about getting aggressive. It’s about being curious!
Lauren Dunaway, PhD in Public Health, got up the courage to leave her doctor for a midwife midway through her pregnancy. When she saw how much they cared, she knew that she was in good hands.
If you’re a rule follower who’s scared to make a change, you’ll walk away from the conversation with courage!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Lauren, her three daughters, and her mission in public health (2:00)
- How she got into natural remedies for her family (4:00)
- How essential oils helped Lauren get off some medication (6:47)
- Emotional support with essential oils (8:17)
- Wellness in the home with essential oils (8:50)
- Why it’s so important to be your own wellness advocate (12:15)
- Lauren left her doctor for a midwife midway through her pregnancy (15:23)
- 5 questions you must ask your care provider BEFORE birth
Cultivate wellness in your life with LaurenEFDunaway.com. You can connect personally with Lauren on TWO Instagram feeds:
@EssentialSimplicity or @LaurenEFDunaway. After this conversation, we sincerely hope you’ll feel more comfortable to speak up to your doctor and ask questions.