Founder & President of Pain to Power Childbirth online classes, Director of the award-winning documentary Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret and co-writer of “Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying and Pleasurable Birth” Debra Pascali-Bonaro talks about:
What is Orgasmic Birth?
Birth and Sex? How are they connected?
How does fear cause pain in childbirth?
Debra is an inspirational international speaker, Chair of the International MotherBaby Childbirth Organization, and Co-Chair executive committee of the International Childbirth Initiative. Debra’s passion comes from her years as a Lamaze International childbirth educator, birth and postpartum doula trainer with DONA International as well as acclaimed international speaker, teaching parents, midwives, nurses, doulas, and physicians in over 40 countries. Featured on ABC 20/20, NBC Today Show, New York Times, LA Times and in media and parenting magazines around the world.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How Debra became a Doula and Childbirth Educator (3:28)
- What led Debra to create the Orgasmic Birth concept (5:17)
- The percentage of women who’ve had an orgasm during birth (11:15)
- How sex and birth are related (17:23)
- Healing from trauma (20:57)
- Book Recommendation! When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women
- Resources to Check Out! Pattch.org Prevention and Treatment of Traumatic Birth
- How fear creates pain in childbirth (24:35)
- From Pain to Power Childbirth Online Courses
- Pleasure Essentials Online Course (short course)
- Comprehensive Bliss Online Course (short course)
Grab a copy of Debra’s book: