Courtney Hasseman is a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, and Functional Nutritionist who provides integrative healthcare and uses nutrition to support women’s hormonal and menstrual health. She sees women for care in her Leesburg office and offers online nutritional therapy for women everywhere.
In this episode, Courtney shares all about the best nutrition during breastfeeding, how your periods change during the season of breastfeeding, choices for contraception while breastfeeding, and more!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Courtney & Kristy reconnecting after high school 25 years later (2:00)
- Courtney’s in-person and online Midwifery and Integrative Nutrition practice (2:58)
- Nutritional Therapy online course
- Try eating these foods while you breastfeed (5:40)
- Getting back to pre-pregnancy weight won’t happen overnight (7:43)
- Best foods to eat while breastfeeding (9:17)
- Foods to avoid while you’re breastfeeding (10:56)
- Best fish to eat a few times a week while breastfeeding (11:40)
- Hormonal changes while breastfeeding your baby (12:28)
- Sexual changes while breastfeeding (15:25)
- How to ease back into spending time with your partner (16:20)
- Normal changes in your breasts while breastfeeding (17:50)
You can learn more about Courtney’s services in the D.C. Metro area or online at CourtneyHasseman.com. If you believe women deserve unhurried and personalized healthcare, follow her on Instagram and Facebook.