For the couples trying to conceive, this podcast is for you! In this podcast, Victoria Maizes, MD shares what foods to avoid for conception, how to maximize your fertility, and the best free meditation apps.
Dr. Victoria Maizes is the Executive Director of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine and a Professor of Medicine, Family and Community Medicine and Public Health, at the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
Interviewing Victoria, author of Be Fruitful, the pregnancy book that I actually used when I was pregnant was so exciting!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Who is Victoria Maizes? (2:10)
- What is integrative medicine & how can it help your pregnancy? (3:20)
- How you can maximize your fertility (5:07)
- Be Fruitful: The Essential Guide to Maximizing Fertility and Giving Birth to a Healthy Child book by Victoria Maizes, MD
- Proven natural ways to improve your rate of conception (8:03)
- Difference between folic acid + folate acid (10:20)
- Vitamins, diet, and environmental factors that affect your fertility (12:26)
- Stress and fertility (21:30)
- Insight Timer Meditation App
- Headspace Meditation App
- Calm Meditation App
Find her book at your library or on Amazon. Learn more about her at VictoriaMaizesMD.com, Twitter, and through the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine.