“As I made changes in our house, I realized that I was becoming a healthier, calmer parent.” -K.H.
Kate Hamblet is an architect and owner of the custom residential design studio Balanced Architecture. As a wellness architect, she has a passion for integrating wellness and health into architectural design. Her mission is to help health-conscious families create homes that support and promote health, happiness, and longevity.
Kate’s newest venture, Balanced Home, Balanced Life was created so that she could help families across the country design homes that encourage healthy living. Creating an online business also provides the flexibility of being able to go between her two favorite places, New Hampshire and Colorado, and call them both home.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Kate’s businesses: Balanced Home Balance Life and Creating Healthy Homes (0:05)
- What sparked Kate’s interest in sustainable design (2:05)
- Decluttering your kitchen to make it functional (3:20)
- The Well Building Standard
- Interior design tips that have the most impact on your health (5:00)
- How to clean up indoor toxins and declutter your home (7:44)
- Safe indoor paint brands: AFM Safecoat, Benjamin Moore Natura, & Lullaby Paints (8:18)
- How to Improve Indoor Air Quality Blog
- Why you’ll want to open the windows more (11:40)
- What you’re sitting on may be harmful to your health (12:35)
- Flame retardants are still into baby’s pajamas (13:47)
- Quality, non-toxic, organic cotton mattresses (14:20)
- Safe mattresses brands: Naturpedic, Soaring Heart, & Furniture (15:30)
- Three things your family can start with to create a Healthy Home (16:18)
- Safe home cleaning product brands: Seventh Generation & Doctor Bronner’s
- Download your Designing a Toxin-Free Nursery Guide – a free gift from Kate at PureNurture.com/Podcast
Wow, Kate taught us how easily we can healthify our homes. Let’s bookmark this episode, shall we? Then, open your windows and welcome in the fresh air. Ahh!
Inhale her ideas to see your home with fresh eyes. The bed we sleep on for oh, ⅓ of our life, has toxins. Your indoor air quality can improve by bringing in plants. Who knew paint emits off-gases long after you slap it on the wall?
Her blog is brimming with sound advice to improve your living space.
Healthy Indoor Air Quality Blog Post: https://www.balancedhomebalancedlife.com/healthy-indoor-air-quality/
Get Kate’s detailed guide to creating your toxin-free nursery.
Sitting in your newly designed zen den, ask yourself this: has our society forgotten how to Mother the Mother? My next guest, Stephanie Jahala, founder of A Mother’s Movement will move you with her answer. She eloquently shares why working Moms are so burnt out and how we need to find a better way to balance our busy lives.
The American Dream has us sitting in the driver’s seat. Yet, as a Mother, we can’t raise children alone. Nor, should you have to (even if you’re a single parent.) Please tune into this rich conversation.