Kate White is an award-winning prenatal and perinatal educator and an advanced bodyworker. She is trained in somatic therapies, prenatal and perinatal health, lactation, brain development, infant mental health, and has specialized in mother-baby dyad care using somatic prevention and trauma healing approaches for nearly 20 years. She is the Founding Director of Education for the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health and currently co-directs this department, administering an online program for parents and parent professionals.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Kate’s work with APPAH (0:15)
- How an unlikely panic attack holding a newborn inspired Kate to research pre and perinatal psychology (0:55)
- Cranial sacral therapy (3:42)
- Children can remember things about their birth (5:34)
- ClassWomb Online Class (5:38)
- If you have a traumatic experience during birth, who can you turn to for support? (10:22)
- Three ways to nurture the baby in your belly (14:47)
- Nine positive imprints (20:24)
- The Conscious Baby (21:41)
- Support for a traumatized birth experience (22:26)
You can find helpful practitioners at BirthPsychology.com, then click Resources, and click Practitioners under Directories.
Get 10% off all APPAH courses. Use code: PURENURTURE (valid until midnight Feb. 9)
APPAH Online Courses:
APPAH Social Media:
Kate White’s Prenatal and Perinatal Programs:
In episode 24, you’ll hear all about how to create any positive change imaginable with hypnotherapy. Open your mind and listen to my guest, Dianne Rhodes who debunks the myth that hypnosis will make you quack like a duck.