Andrea Laine White is a Functional Nutrition Therapist practicing at Colorado Natural Medicine and the Chief Marketing Officer and Nutritionist for Baby Fresh Organics (Fresh Start). In her clinical practice, Andrea has developed therapeutic nutritional protocols for a variety of different conditions including, but not limited to: hormonal weight gain related to menopause, acne, endometriosis, infertility and conception, disorders of the thyroid including Hashimoto’s, autoimmune disorders including Celiac / Rheumatoid Arthritis / Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), sleep disorders, migraine headaches, digestive disorders, HPA axis maladaptation/adrenal fatigue, hypertension, food sensitivities/ intolerances, depression/anxiety, gaining weight/increasing lean muscle mass, and cardiovascular disease/elevated cholesterol levels. Andrea attained her certification as a Master Nutrition Therapist from the Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado. Her education was primarily administered by practitioners of functional medicine. Functional medicine addresses the underlying or root causes of dysfunction in the body and seeks to restore balance from within.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Andrea’s story (0:45)
- Your Next Big Thing Book helped her find her purpose(1:25)
- Andrea’s approach to nutrition (3:29)
- Two factors that determine a healthy gut (4:55)
- What glyphosate is and how it affects the digestive system (10:16)
- Fun fact: learn about microbiome and epigenetics in episode 14 with Toni Harmon (11:10)
- Solocast: About Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s) (12:30)
- Read the Dirty Dozen List and Clean 15 List from Environmental Working Group (EWG) (12:45)
- The first steps to feeding our little ones (13:12)
- Forming your child’s taste buds in utero (21:10)
- Andrea’s philosophy on supplements (22:29)
- Functional lab testing for micronutrients (24:05)
- Difference between folate and folic acid (31:26)
- Andrea sees clients all over the world (32:22)
Grab Your Episode Guide Here
No need to take notes, this pdf summarizes the key points shared in this nutrient-dense episode. It’s all yours, enter your first name and email below.
Andrea shares the number one gift a mom can give to her baby is a healthy gut. 75% of the immune system is housed in the gut (microbiome). Join us next week for episode 14 and learn even more about the microbiome and how it impacts overall health. I’ll be talking with Toni Harman, producer of the documentary Microbirth. Toni will share more about the microbiome and the impact on your baby and ways that you can create a healthy foundation that can impact your child’s health for the rest of his or her life!