For the first half of Marcia Sheehan’s life, she was one of four girls. She traded that in for a husband, 2 boys, and a boy dog…which may have played a part in her starting a women’s empowerment society, the Charmed Cardinals. Since 2015, Marcia has developed and led the Charmed Cardinals in a way that has cultivated a safe space for women to reconnect with themselves. This is done through introspection and experiential workshops, sharing who they are within the membership in an uncensored way, and supporting each other’s successes. In a few weeks (on Oct. 13, 2018, in Arlington, VA), Marcia is facilitating the inaugural Connector Conference by Charmed Cardinals. This will be the first of many events that will encourage and engage attendees to reconnect with their callings, confidence, creativity, and community.
In this episode:
- Meet Marcia, Founder of Charmed Cardinals (2:15)
- Why prioritizing your mental health is so important for Moms & Moms-to-be (3:39)
- How do you find your tribe? (11:55)
- How do you find fulfillment outside of motherhood? (28:20)
- Mommy Wars: Stay-at-Home and Career Moms Face Off on Their Choices, Their Lives, Their Families (29:40)
- Journaling & talking it out to find your way (33:30)
- Connector Conference: Connecting with your Calling, Community, Creativity, Confidence (37:34)
Join us next time for episode 9 of the Pure Nurture Podcast. We’ll continue our conversation with Becca Campbell, founder of Little Z Sleep. If you’re a parent and don’t want to be tired all the time or a mom-to-be and you want to get a jump on this sleep thing everyone’s been telling you about, this episode is for you!