Anna Gannon is a mom, the Community Guide and Editorial Lead at Expectful, a Writer and a Yoga & Meditation Guide. Her work has been featured on The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Yoga Today and The Expectful Blog. Anna is passionate about the importance of the mind, body, and baby connection.
Her mission is to improve women’s emotional health during their fertility, pregnancy and new motherhood experience by sharing open and honest stories, educating them on the benefits of meditation and movement and most importantly, letting them know they are never alone.
Along with sharing some important aspects of her mom life journey, Anna also has answers to some of the most come questions about meditation.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Anna’s accidental journey to meditation (1:45)
- You are NOT your thoughts (11:11)
- Emily Fletcher, Founder of Ziva Mind explains meditation (11:57)
- Meditation is NOT about stopping your thoughts (13:05)
- How meditation rewires the brain for Moms (17:37)
- How Moms and Moms-to-Be can practice meditating (21:35)
- 20-minutes of daily meditation is the sweet spot (25:50)
- Expectful.com has motherhood and pregnancy meditations (27:38)
- Meditation became a non-negotiable during postpartum (29:50)
- You can choose to be the reflection that your child sees (34:10)
Learn more about Anna Gannon at Expectful.com and AnnaGannon.com.
Join our conversation here:
If you’ve found this podcast helpful, leave a review on iTunes and help the show reach more moms! Hit the subscribe button too and never miss an episode.
Join us next time as we welcome Dr. Jay Warren to the show. Dr. Jay is the host of one of the TOP pregnancy and birth podcasts, Healthy Births, Happy Babies. He has been a prenatal and pediatric chiropractor for 18 years. He is also the Wellness Care Coordinator at the CAP Wellness Center in San Diego, CA where 90% of his practice is pregnant or postpartum women and babies under one year old. Dr. Jay just launched a new podcast dedicated to dads called the “The Dadhood Journey”, where he shares real-life lessons and practical tools to support new dads in navigating their parenthood experience. See you next time on the Pure Nurture Podcast and be sure to invite dad to listen in with you next week!