You may choose your birth plan, but there is no way to choose your birth story. It happens as it happens. A rite of passage and a tale no woman tires of telling (or hearing), birth stories are always beautiful (and sometimes dramatic or humorous or epic).
If your own birthing story has yet to be told, preparing for birth can feel scary and intimidating. No one can tell you how it will go; what we can tell you is that the most empowered are the best informed. Explore your resources. Find your center. Give yourself the support and resources you need to find peace in what you can control. You’ve been waiting for this moment for nearly a year (or possibly much, much longer), and even as this chapter draws to a climactic close, remember: another beginning is right around the corner.
Reading other women’s birth stories is a popular pastime for pregnant women. But none of us gets to choose our exact birth story, and preparing for birth can feel intimidating. Being educated about your options and the details you might encounter on the big day is the best way to empower yourself through labor and delivery. Explore the resources below to support yourself in feeling centered and in-control when the time comes, so that you can find peace with the unique birth story that unfolds for you and your little one.
Here’s to a whole new life.
HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method
Please contact us to learn more about upcoming HypnoBirthing® Classes.
Series of 5 classes. Each class is 2 1/2 hours long. Upcoming group class dates TBA for June 2018. Private sessions are available on an ongoing basis. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The HypnoBirthing® Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing® teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art, and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles. HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
Teaching mothers and birth companions techniques for
safe and satisfying birthing through guided imagery,
visualization, and special breathing.
What you will learn
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explore the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
- What’s wrong with labor as it exists with most other childbirth methods
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labor enhancement
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
What People Are Saying
It was undoubtedly the most calm, exhilarating, beautiful birth (not to mention one of the shortest) I’ve attended so far as a birth doula. I plan to suggest it to all my upcoming clients.
-Leila Botsford, C.D.
Wonderful! I tell everyone that it is the only way…my doctor is so impressed!
-Katharine Oliver, NC
My baby’s birth was the most amazing experience. I love this program and am deeply led to teach it.
When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change.
– Marie F. Mongan
What’s included in the class
- Series of 5 weekly 2.5-hour classes
- Your own copy of the Fourth Edition HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method
- Meditation recordings for relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding
- Birth Preferences handout
- A set of Birth Prompts for your Birth Companion
- Nutrition and yoga (postures) for a healthy pregnancy
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- Small classes for personal attention
- Well-paced class instruction supporting you in building your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing.
Pre-registration is required. Balance is due in full before the start of the first class. To register for a series, please complete the enrollment form. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the enrollment.
Class in a group setting, with 6 couples max Five 2.5 hour classes.
Make Up Class
If you need to miss one of your group class meetings, you are invited to schedule a private makeup class.
Ready to prepare for your confidently calm birth experience?
Enroll Now (button) leads to Enrollment form and Paypal link. Should I do this through mail chimp or Google docs?